The courier industry is notoriously competitive and only the most efficient businesses survive. If you run a courier firm and feel like your business could be performing better then you should find the tips below extremely useful.
1. Use the internet to bring in new customers
Given how prevalent the internet has become, it’s very surprising just how underutilized it is by a lot of businesses. There are countless ways you can advertise your courier firm online, from social media to paid advertising platforms such as Google Ads and Facebook Ads. The great thing about advertising online is that you can be very specific with who you target so if you’re trying to get more customers in a certain age range or area of the country then this is certainly possible.
2. Don’t neglect real world advertising
As useful as online advertising is, there’s still plenty to be said for real world advertising methods such as leaflet marketing and print advertisements. Print adverts in trade magazines and literature that’s aimed at online sellers can be an excellent way to attract new customers.
3. Hire reliable drivers
Hiring reliable drivers can help you increase profits in a couple of ways. Firstly having reliable drivers that know how to deal with customers well will help to boost the reputation of your business and ultimately this could easily lead to a larger customer base and increased profits. Secondly, reliable drivers are less likely to be involved in collisions or other incidents and therefore you can save money on insurance.
4. Get a better deal on insurance
Another very reliable way to increase profits in your courier firm is to look for a better deal on insurance. There are many excellent sites where you can get courier insurance quotes from a panel of specialist providers, such as Insure The Courier. Such sites make getting courier insurance quotes very quick and easy so there’s no reason not to do this since it could save you a good deal of money.
5. Make your business stand out
There are many ways you can make your business stand out from the competition. Something as seemingly simple as a good business name can make a big difference to your success. Branding in general is something you should invest in if you want to make your business unique and appealing. In addition to this you should also ensure that you offer and excellent service that customers can rely on.
Buying and selling online is one of the best ways that you can get started working for yourself. With sites such as eBay and Amazon to sell through, the barrier to entry is very low.
Online shopping is already huge business in the UK and it’s only going to get bigger over the next few years. However to have success selling online, you have to find a good niche
Below are 5 of the best niches to sell in right now.
Electronics are more popular now than they’ve ever been. With the huge surge in popularity of smart phones and tablets over the last 10 years, there is a massive potential customer base to tap into.
Selling high end products, such as iPhones or iPads might not be possible if you’re new to buying and selling online. However there are many lower end and unbranded products you can sell and make an excellent profit from.
2. Pet products
There’s no doubt that people in the UK love their pets. You can take advantage of this by entering the pet products industry. The great thing about selling pet products is that there’s a lot of diversity in the products you can sell.
You can start out selling small accessories for hamster cages or aquariums and then move up to larger items such as dog beds or even horse trailers and horse boxes.
3. Phone accessories
With mobile phones now everywhere, there’s a great opportunity to make money by selling accessories such as cases, covers, headphones, screen protectors etc.
Do your research and find out what the most popular phone models are so you can stock products that are most likely to sell.
4. Novelty gifts
The novelty gift market is growing all the time in the UK. The downside to selling in this niche is that it can be quiet fickle, with the popularity of products waning very quickly.
The flipside to this though, is that you can make plenty of money very quickly providing you have your finger on the pulse and know what it is that people are looking for.
5. Arts & crafts
Art and craft products are an excellent way to start making money selling online. Sites like YouTube and Pinterest have helped to spike a resurgence in the popularity of many types of arts and crafts so there’s never been a better time to start selling products in this niche.
If you currently work, or have worked, in the truck industry then there’s a good chance you’ve considered starting your own business at some point. Starting your own business gives you the freedom to operate as you choose and to become self-reliant.
If you are planning to start your own trucking business then below are some of the key things that you must consider.
Choosing the right industry
The right industry is usually one that you have the most experience in. There are a lot similarities from one industry to the next where trucking is concerned but if you have years’ of experience working as a recovery truck driver then it’s probably better to stick to this rather than opting for an industry you have less experience in, such as refrigerated trucks.
Choosing the right industry at the start can be the difference between success and failure so this is certainly something you should think about carefully.
Hiring the right drivers
Hiring the best drivers for your business is absolutely key. Self-driving trucks are still a long way in the future so for now you want to hire drivers with a lot of skill and experience and who you’re confident will be able to do the job safely and effectively.
Some things to consider when hiring drivers are –
- Their age – Age is extremely important when hiring drivers for your business. Most truck insurance providers will not offer cover for truck drivers who are under 25 years of age so you should ensure you hire experienced drivers who you’ll be able to get cover for on your truck insurance policy.
- Their experience – Experience is also key when hiring drivers. Just because a driver is over 25 doesn’t mean they’re necessarily experienced in driving a truck. You’ll want to be sure that any drivers you hire have plenty of experience driving the particular trucks that your business operates and that they hold the right licences and have done adequate training.
- Their driving history – In addition to hiring drivers who are over 25 and have plenty of experience driving a truck, you also want to check their driving histroy, including any points on their licence and their claims history. This will make a big difference when it comes to getting cover.
Getting cover at the best price
When you’re looking for cover for your trucking business, you want to go to specialist providers. Specialist providers of truck insurance will offer the best prices and be able to provide comprehensive cover for every aspect of your business. You should get quotes from several different providers so you can easily compare them and choose the one that offers the best value for money.
For more information on truck insurance for all kinds of trucks go to http://www.multiquotetruck.co.uk/hgv-insurance
If you have a conviction, whether it’s for a motoring offence or something else, then you might think it’s impossible to get work and find affordable insurance. This isn’t necessarily true however.
It’s certainly true that some employers and insurers might choose not to deal with you at all if you have a conviction but there are still options out there.
Below are some of the important things to be aware of.
Do I need to declare my conviction to employers?
One of the most important things to be aware of when you have a conviction is whether you need to declare it or not. Whether you need to declare your conviction to employers will depend on whether it’s spent or unspent.
For more serious convictions that carry a prison sentence of 2 and a half years or longer then the conviction will remain unspent indefinitely. For convictions that come with a fine or community service then they’ll be spent after 5 years. For prison sentences of 6 months or less, the conviction will be spent after 7 years. For convictions with a 6 months to 2 and a half years prison sentence, they’ll be spent after 10 years.
If you’d like to find out more about your particular conviction then here’s a full list of motoring convictions along with their codes.
Working as a freelance van driver
The alternative to finding employment as a van driver is to set up as a freelancer. The good thing about working freelance is that you won’t have the issue of having to declare your conviction to employers. However it’s important to note that you’ll still need to declare any unspent convictions to insurance providers. The same rules mentioned above apply.
Getting insurance at an affordable price
If you’re looking for convicted driver’s insurance then the best way to go about it is by going to a specialist provider. Many mainstream insurance providers don’t deal with drivers who have a conviction; or if they do they only offer policies at drastically increased prices. The reason for this is simply because convicted drivers are statistically more likely to make a claim.
The good news is that there are specialist providers of van insurance for convicted drivers who deal with each person on a case-by-case basis. Although the price you can expect to pay for your van insurance will still be higher than it would if you didn’t have a conviction, you will find that specialist providers offer much more reasonable prices that most people can afford.
If you work as a courier, whether you work for a company or freelance, you’ll want to take every step you can to save money. This means getting fuel at the best price you can as well as taking any measures possible to save on insurance.
Courier insurance needs to protect you for the risks you face on the road, such as collisions, theft and fire. In addition to this you also need to think about the packages you’re transporting and protecting yourself from potential liability claims.
Before looking at the best ways you can save money on courier insurance, let’s look at the cover options available and the factors that impact on cost.
Types of courier insurance
- Third party – Third party insurance is the minimum level of cover you need to be able to drive legally. It will cover other road users in the event that you are at fault for a collision. You can also add fire and theft to a third party policy for extra protection.
- Comprehensive – A comprehensive policy will cover you for all types of collisions, even ones that you are liable for. It’s usually recommended when you can afford it.
- Public liability – Public liability will protect you against liability claims from members of the public, should you injure or kill somewhere due to negligence.
- Goods in transit – Goods in transit will protect the packages you’re carrying in your vehicle for theft and damage.
- Breakdown assistance – Breakdown assistance is a must when you rely on your vehicle to make a living. If you already have it then it’s still worth finding out how much it would cost to have it included in your policy since you might be able to save money.
Factors that affect cost
- Your age – Your age will certainly affect the price of your insurance. Drivers under the age of 25 are statistically more likely to be involved in a collision so if you’re in this age bracket then you can expect to pay more for a policy.
- Your experience – Your driving experience will also impact the cost of courier insurance. The more experience you have on the roads, the less you can expect to pay.
- Your vehicle – The value of your vehicle also has a big impact on cost. This is why it’s better to seek out a moderately priced vehicle if possible.
Best ways to save money
Below are some of the best ways to save money on courier insurance –
- Make your vehicle secure – You should always make the effort to secure your vehicle by installing security devices such an alarm and tracking device. Taking these measures will help to lower the cost of your insurance significantly.
- Pay annually – If you can afford to pay for your policy annually then you’ll be able to negotiate a lower rate with your insurance provider.
- Get a lot of quotes – Getting quotes from different insurance providers makes it easy to pick out the policy that offers the best value for money.
It’s no secret that the cost of motor insurance is rising all the time. A huge contributing factor to this is the large number of insurance scams that take place on the roads each and every year. Usually known as “crash for cash” schemes – these types of scams are designed to make quick and easy money at the expense of another party’s insurance provider.
The way insurance providers respond to these scams is by raising the price of insurance. As unfair as this is, it’s the only way that insurers can respond to an ever-growing problem.
These types of insurance scams not only affective individuals but also countless businesses that rely on the use of vehicles. Fraudsters usually aren’t picky with which type of vehicles they target so the raising insurance rates are causing a big problem across the board.
Something that’s not always discussed however, is that often insurance scams are carried out by employees within the company. This is particularly troublesome for business owners and many are now taking steps in order to combat this problem.
Ways around the problem
Below are some ways that business owners are tackling the problem of rising insurance rates due to crash for cash schemes.
- Fleet insurance – Getting a fleet policy doesn’t directly tackle the problem of insurance scams but it does provide a way for businesses with multiple vehicles to save money on insurance. Fleet policies are typically cheaper than insuring separately so it’s definitely worth looking into.
- Background checks – A lot of companies are now carrying out extensive background checks on anyone who applies to work with them. This includes their insurance history and previous claims. This is one of the better ways to weed out any potential fraudsters.
- Dash cams – There are also a growing number of businesses installing dash cams in their vehicles. Dash cams provide invaluable video evidence that can often prove who is at fault for a collision. An increasing number of insurance providers are now accepting dash cam footage in order to settle claims.
Getting fleet insurance at a competitive rate
If you do decide to get a fleet insurance policy for your business, then you’ll want to take any steps possible to keep the cost to a minimum. Below are some excellent ways to do this.
- Make your company vehicles secure – Making your vehicles secure will go a long way to reducing the amount you’ll pay for a company fleet insurance policy. Installing alarms, immobilisers and tracking devices is always recommended.
- Hire experienced drivers – One of the biggest factors that insurance providers take into account when calculating the cost of a policy is the age and driving history of any named drivers. For this reason, you want to make sure that any drivers you hire are experienced and have a clean licence.
- Shop around – You should make sure that you get quotes from more than one insurance provider so you can compare them and pick the one that offers the best value for money.
When you need to order a taxi, whether it’s to get to the airport, or to get home after an evening out – you no longer need to stand on the street corner or even call the taxi firm.
There are now several apps on the market that make ordering a taxi extremely quick and convenient. While the market is still relatively young, there are already some fantastic taxi apps available to try out. Below are five of the best.
Uber is easily the most well-known and widely available taxi app on the market and is available in some 48 countries. It’s incredibly easy to use – you simply book a taxi through the app when you need one. There’s no pre-booking option but this isn’t what Uber advertises itself as.
Another thing that makes Uber extremely convenient is that it lets you know what the journey will cost beforehand and you simply through the app – meaning you don’t have to worry about having the right amount of cash to pay the driver.
Also if you happen to leave something in the taxi then you can also message the driver to let them know.
Gett is an app for booking black cabs that’s available in 32 cities across the world. It allows you to request a taxi and then track where it is in real time. Like Uber – Gett enables you to pay for your journey through the app itself.
Gett only works with TfL regulated black cabs and meets up with every driver that signs up for their service to provide training to ensure passenger safety.
You can get credit to use with the service by recommending it to friends. You get £10 credit for every friend recommended who uses the service. It’s currently available in several major UK cities including London, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Birmingham, Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Hailo is another excellent option for booking taxis. It works in a very similar way to Uber in that you simply select a pickup location and driver and then the taxi is sent to you immediately.
There is the ability to track the route of your taxi when it’s on the way but you’ll be informed when it arrives by the app anyhow.
Hailo is available in selected cities in the UK and nationwide in Ireland and Singapore. It’s also available in Spain’s two busiest cities – Madrid and Barcelona.
CabWise is somewhat different to the apps above in that it doesn’t allow to book taxis through the app. Instead it simply lets you know of the nearest licensed minicab office.
This might sound like quite a basic thing but it’s actually an extremely useful way to ensure that the minicab that you’re getting in is from a licensed office and the driver is licensed and insured.
Kabbee provides a very similar similar to CabWise except it comes with the bonus of sorting the local minicab offices based on criteria such as fare rates, ratings, types of vehicles and punctuality. This makes it an excellent way to save money and pick the right service when you’re in an area you’re not familiar with.
Kabbee is currently only available in London.
If you considering working as a driver you will need to ensure that the correct public hire or private hire insurance is taken out. When carrying passenger for reward, normal car insurance isnt suitable (thank you to multiquotetaxiinsurance.co.uk for info).
If you enjoy working with cars then you might be considering setting up your own business in the motor trade. The great thing about working in the motor trade is that there are a lot of different paths to choose. Some common businesses in the motor trade include –
- Car showrooms
- Car auctions
- Valeting services
- MOT centres
- Auto electricians
- Delivery agents
- Accessory fitters
- Vehicle importers
These are just some of the businesses you could set up in the motor trade. In order to help you get started, below are some of the most important things to consider when setting up a new business.
Thinking about the type of premises you’ll need is extremely important. Some businesses will require much larger premises than others. For example, a car auction will typically need a very large plot of land, while you could set up a car showroom on much more modest premises.
When thinking about the premises, it’s not just size you need to consider though. Location is also extremely important. The location of your premises could have a big impact on how well your business performs. For businesses that rely on a good amount of foot traffic, such as showrooms and valeting services, you’ll want to find a place that has good visibility.
Another key decision to make where premises are concerned is whether you’re going to rent or buy. For most new starters in the motor trade, it’s much better to rent until you’re fully confident that you’re happy with the premises.
Staff is another key consideration when setting up a new business in the motor trade. Different types of businesses require different skills. Ideally you’ll be starting a business that you have personal experience in so you can easily identify and hire the right people.
Motor trade insurance
The minimum requirements for getting a motor trade insurance policy are as follows –
- You must hold a full UK driver’s licence
- You must be at least 21 years of age
- You must be able to prove that you work in the motor trade
Types of cover you can get include –
- Third party – A third party policy will provide enough protection so you and your staff can drive customer vehicles legally. It’s important to note that your vehicles wouldn’t be covered unless a third party was to blame for
- Third party, fire & theft – If want to add extra protection to a third party policy then this is a good option. If any of your vehicles are stolen or damaged by fire then you’d be compensated.
- Comprehensive – Comprehensive insurance will provide the best level of protection and will cover customer vehicles for all types of collisions, even when you or your staff are liable for them.
Combined policy – A combined policy is an excellent choice when you work in the motor trade. It will not only provide full protection for customer and company vehicles but also cover your premises for theft and vandalism. Stock, tools and cash can
As an analyst of the economy and the property market, one must be patient to see if one’s predictions are right or wrong and to see what unfolds. One never knows if they’ll be wrong or right, but they must have a sense of humility about it that they’re not oblivious to the reality of the marketplace.
If possible, don’t move out until you have sold the house. Maybe someone in the family can stay behind or live there sometimes until the home is sold.
If you made this error fast call your agent and check through your Empty House Insurance. Subtract the cost in the land and you’ll find out that you will need far less coverage.
Discounts – A big property insurance company that covers vehicles and homes may offer discounts that are popular if you transfer them all your business. Some insurers will offer discounts for anti-theft or safety features also. You are going to desire to find the insurance company who’ll give you the greatest price for things you do, or that you could do. Many of the reductions that insurers offer are for things that are wise to do anyway. Insurance companies keep lots of data, and they consider these activities, like installing smoke detectors, helps cut claims and saves lives.
Become a revered source empowering them to get what they want. For example if your target market is convenience stores and your niche is http://www.propertytoinsure.co.uk what makes that alluring to a convenience store owner? For preventing catastrophic differences in coverage that puts owners out of business you desire to become the recognized expert. You’ve got expertise working with small business owners like them. Their requirements are known by you, and you understand what to search for to make sure they are neither over nor under assured.
A motive to contact the owner to see if they desire to sell or lease the property. look for vacant property insurance, as this is A vacancy is typically a landlord ‘pain’ factor that requires relief.
Do not mail a letter or a postcard if it lists the benefits of working with you, doesn’t have a powerful headline and offers people something free when they react.
Since the worth is what directly impacts your rates first to start this process, take time to value your house. What most people do is add the price of the property on which the building stands to the value of the building. Think about it, it has nothing to do with the worth of the building. land isn’t to be contemplated the in valuing your home,. With this simple subtraction, lots of cash has only been saved.
When you make a promise, stand behind that guarantee to the best of your ability. Go beyond and above what you assure any time you are able to and do everything possible to preserve your integrity.
It’s possible for you to use this strategy in your Contents claim. Your dwelling, condominium, apartment or business is full of personal property that you’ve bought over the years that (a) is obsolete or (b) you are not using anymore. A business could have office equipment that is not sold or outdated or inventory items. In each event, you have every right to be paid the correctly calculated ACV for those items. Then, you can use those dollars to offset the “holdback” sum when you are making your replacing purchases.
There are many people across the UK who open their own shop every year. This can be a risky venture since not every business succeeds but there are plenty that do and it can be a great way to make a living.
If you’re thinking of opening your own shop then below are some of the main things to think about in order to ensure your venture is a successful one.
Things to consider
- Type of shop – One of the most important decisions you have to make is the type of shop you’re going to open. You likely already have a good idea about this but if not, it’s the first thing you need to think about. You can open a general shop such as a newsagent but if you’re going to be selling a particular line of products then it’s always a good idea to sell things that you’re knowledgeable about.
- Location – The location of your shop is extremely important. It’s never a good idea to try and save money on rent by choosing a location that’s in a remote area since it will negatively affect your business in a big way. Always be sure to find out as much as you can about a location before you commit to it to avoid making a mistake.
- Insurance – Insurance is another vital aspect of running your own shop. Shop insurance will protect your business for numerous risks, including structural damage to your building, business interruption, liability claims as well as contents, stock and cash. You can get shop insurance quotes online very easily now so this doesn’t need to be too much of a headache. It’s always recommended that you get quotes from several different insurance providers in order to save money.
- Staff – Depending on the type of shop you decide to open, there’s a good chance you’ll need to hire at least one employee to help you run it on a day-to-day basis. Hiring staff can be daunting if you’ve never done it before so you should educate yourself on the subject of recruitment as much as possible.
Letting property can be a great way to make a living, providing you get the fundamentals right. More people than ever are now renting rather than buying, whether out of choice or necessity so now is a great time to let property.
If you’re currently letting property but feel you could be more successful at it, then below are 4 great ways to increase your income.
1. Diversify your property
Having multiple types of property is a very good way to increase your income as a landlord. Whilst apartment buildings are very practical since you can get income from multiple tenants, you shouldn’t limit yourself only to them.
More obscure types of property, such as thatched roof houses can be a great way to attract new types of tenants. If you do invest in any thatched roof properties then you’ll need to get a policy from a specialist provider. Sites such as http://www.thatchedinsure.co.uk/ make this process very quick and easy.
2. Offer furnished property
Offering furnished property might come with an initial investment but it means you’re able to charge more rent too, which is beneficial in the long run.
You don’t necessarily have to furnish your property with designer furniture or state of the art technology. Just basics such a dining table, sofa and beds can make a huge difference and help you to attract tenants more easily.
3. Get the best price for insurance possible
Sometimes the best way to increase your income is by cutting down on expenditure. One of the biggest outgoings for landlords is insurance. Landlord insurance can be costly but it is a must when you let out property.
Landlord is not difficult to find but there’s a good chance you’re overpaying for your insurance. If you suspect you could be getting a better deal then don’t be afraid to contact other insurance providers to see what price they can offer you.
4. Be very selective with tenants
It might not be immediately obvious how being selective with tenants can increase your income as a landlord but if you deal with problem tenants then you’ll certainly understand.
Tenants who can’t/won’t pay rent or refuse to leave your property can cause all sorts of problems for you and will certainly affect your income. To avoid this you should always take steps to ensure that the tenants you let your property are likely to be reliable paying rent and won’t cause problems.
You might have heard that the majority of restaurants fail in their first year. This fact alone is enough to put a lot of people off entering the industry. However in spite of this fact, there are still plenty of restaurants that thrive.
If you’re thinking of entering industry and starting your own restaurant then below are some of the most important considerations to ensure your business is a success.
- Type of food to serve – One of the most fundamental decisions you have to make when starting your own restaurant is the type of food you’re going to serve. The vast majority of restaurants will have a selection of meat dishes in addition to at least one vegetarian/vegan option for each course. There’s a growing trend for more simple and unpretentious food in the UK right now so there’s nothing wrong with doing simple dishes very well.
- Decor – The decor of your restaurant helps to set the atmosphere. Atmosphere is extremely important to people when they’re eating out so this is something you want to get right. If you’re not certain exactly what sort of look you want for your restaurant then don’t be afraid to hire an expert to help you with this.
- Location – The location of your restaurant is another key factor. Restaurants rely on a good amount of foot traffic for business so you want to open a restaurant in a location that’s in a fairly densely populated area that’s convenient for people to get to by car, taxi, metro etc.
- Insurance – Protecting your restaurant against risks such as business interruption, theft, structural damage, liability claims and loss of licence is a must. The way to do this is by getting a restaurant insurance policy from a specialist provider. Having a good insurance policy for your restaurant will enable you to run your business with full peace of mind and means that you’re prepared for the worst.
- Staff – The staff you employ if your restaurant are going to play a huge role in whether it’s successful or not. For this reason you should be as selective as possible and only hire people who you’re certain will help your restaurant to thrive. The servers in your restaurant are of course important but you should also spend a lot of time finding the right restaurant manager and head chef.
Brexit dominated the headlines for a good portion of 2016, with many people worried about the negative impact it would have on many facets of day-to-day life. Business owners were amongst those who were worried about Brexit and although the full consequences of the UK’s decision to leave the European Union are yet to be felt; there have been reasons for optimism.
Figures obtained through a Freedom of Information request from Companies House show that a record number of recruitment agencies were opened in 2016 in the UK. There were 4,529 recruitment agencies that opened between January and December 2016. This is a significant increase on the numbers from 2015, which were 13.7% lower (3,984).
The recruitment sector has grown significantly over the last 5 years and it is now worth £35.1 billion in the UK. This figure is even more impressive when you consider that in 2012/13 it was £26.5 billion. Positive trading conditions have helped the industry to thrive in the UK and things don’t look set to slow down in 2017.
Despite the incredible growth of recruitment firms in 2016, Brexit did have some effect. For example, the number of recruitment firms leading up to the vote was quite low. However after the decision to leave the EU had been announced, the number of recruitment firms being opened began to soar, with more than a thousand businesses being opened in July and August alone.
This number continued to rise towards the end of the year, with 1,315 new recruitment firms registered in November and December.
It’s still uncertain how much of an impact Brexit will have on recruitment firms and business as a whole in the UK, however these figures give reason for optimism going forward.
In 2017, digital skills aren’t a luxury for small businesses but a must. Almost every type of business can benefit from being able to use the internet to their advantage.
The most recent Bank of Scotland Business Digital Index found that Scotland is leading the way when it comes to digital skills, with fewer than a third of businesses there lacking the basic skills needed to get the most out of being online.
Despite the prevalence of the internet, there are still a surprising number of businesses that are resistant to embracing it. For example, in the UK, the average number of businesses that lack basic digital skills is at 38%. The only part of the UK that can rival Scotland in this regard is London, which also has roughly 30% of businesses that lack basic digital skills.
These numbers might seem surprising but there are reasons why some businesses are reluctant to fully embrace the internet. Cyber security, for example is one of the fastest rising reasons why small businesses don’t conduct more business online.
When it comes to cyber security, Scotland is also ahead of the rest of the UK, with 57% of Scottish businesses saying they need to invest in cyber security, compared to the UK average of 69%.
Head of accountants and business advisers BDO LLP in Scotland, Martin Gill had the following to say –
“British businesses are feeling pretty confident at the moment, helped by the impact of the currency depreciation on export competitiveness.
“There’s also a feeling out there that the world economy is picking up again as we go into 2017.
“Brexit may mean gloomy news in the press and, at times, chaos in government. But our business community is getting on with it on the basis that opportunities for growth are there to be grabbed.”