How It Works
Making People Happy
Get the best motor trade policy for you possible in a quick and simple wayIan B
Finding competitive quotes for your motor fleet just got a whole lot easier!Ian B
A Quick Start Guide to Motor Trade Insurance
Working in the motor trade can leave you open to a lot of risks if you don’t have a good insurance policy in place to protect you. Whether you work on cars, transport them or sell them – you need to ensure that you have protection in place for risks such as accidents, theft and vandalism.
A good motor trade insurance policy will protect your business from these risks and more. Whilst the price of a motor trade insurance policy will depend on factors such as the level of cover you get and how secure your premises are, the good news is that getting multiple quotes is now incredibly easy.
Before getting your tailored quotes it’s a good idea to read through the information below so you feel confident about the type of cover you need to get.
Who Can Benefit?
There are many types of business that can benefit from motor trade insurance. These include -
- MOT Centres
- Repair Centres
- Car Showrooms
- Auction Houses
- Recovery Centres
- Mobile Mechanics
To qualify for motor trade insurance you must first be able to prove that you work in the motor trade, although this is rarely a stumbling block. Secondly you must be at least 21 years of age and lastly you must hold a full driving licence for the UK.
What Types of Cover Are Available?
Below are the different cover options available with a motor trade insurance policy -
- Third Party – Third party insurance will enable to operate your business within the law although it doesn’t provide a great deal of protection.
- Fire & Theft – Fire and theft are always potent risks, especially when you run a showroom or garage and have multiple cars in your possession. Therefore it’s always a good idea to have fire and theft included in your policy.
- Comprehensive – A comprehensive policy will provide cover for all types of collisions, whether you or any of your employees are liable or not.
- Combined – Combined policies are excellent when you want to protect your premises and assets as well as any vehicles on your premises.
- Public Liability – It’s always a good idea to have a good level of public liability insurance included in your policy to protect you from any claims made against yourself or your business.
- Part Time Policy – Part time policies are available for those who only work in the motor trade on a part time basis.
What Are Some Good Ways to Save Money?
- Make Your Premises Secure – Making the premises where customer and company cars are kept secure will go a long way to reducing the cost of a policy. You can make your premises a lot more secure by adding CCTV cameras and alarms.
- Pay Annually – Paying upfront will enable you to make significant savings on the total cost of your policy so it’s always worth doing this if you can afford it.
- Get a Lot of Quotes – This should go without saying. Getting multiple quotes from different insurance providers will give you a proper idea of what you should be paying and will also ensure you don’t miss out on a great deal.
How Do I Get Quotes?
Getting quotes for motor trade insurance is incredibly easy. When you click on the red button below, you’ll go to the quote form page. There, you simply provide the necessary information and you’ll then be sent quotes from the panel of motor trade insurance specialists. Then you simply look through the quotes and pick the best one!